Getting Error : Zoho Mail Not Forwarding to Gmail ?
Zoho Mail is a web mail application that is a business solutions service aimed at enterprise users, but its free email service for personal use is also a great utility. This integrated web mail system has many applications that suit your daily business needs. Also, most of the applications are integrated with each other and third-party software so that exchange of data takes place seamlessly. Zoho tools are costlier than their counterparts and the user has to pay for each tool separately. Sometimes, the users may need to forward Zoho Mail to Gmail for access and face difficulty in doing so.
How to Resolve Issue “Zoho Mail Not Forwarding to Gmail” ?
When you have to set up a business email address through Zoho and you are using Gmail, then accessing/forwarding Zoho Mail to Gmail sometimes becomes a chore. So, here you have the simplified technique of a manual method of doing so.
Expert Tip for Professional Approach
: Try Zoho Backup Tool
which is a great professional method to overcome the limitations of the manual method when Zoho Mail Not Forwarding to Gmail.
Download Now Purchase Now
Step 1: Apply Zoho Settings
- Log in to your Zoho email account.
- Click on the Settings button at the top right corner.
- When the Settings page opens, in the left-hand corner there is the menu section. Click on Email forwarding and POP/IMAP.
- Once you click on it, now under the IMAP Access category, click on Enable.
- Note down the IMAP configuration details enlisted there.
Step 2: Link Zoho Email ID into Gmail Settings
- Login to your Gmail account.
- Click on the upper right-hand corner Settings button.
- In the Settings window, click on the Accounts and Import tab.
- In the Accounts tab, click on the ‘Add another Email Address ’.
- In the window that opens, type in the Zoho user name in the Name section and type in your full Zoho email Id in the Email address text box.
- Uncheck the ‘Treat as an alias’ option and click the Next button.
Step 3: Confirmation Link to Forward Zoho Mail to Gmail
- Login again to your Zoho email account.
- You will have received a forwarding request email in your inbox.
- Click on the confirmation link in the email you have just received.
- By this procedure, you can now send emails from your Zoho address using Gmail. But you will still not be able to receive emails that are sent to your Zoho account in Gmail.
Step 4: Enable Email Forwarding in Zoho Mail
- In the Zoho email account, click on Settings button at the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- Click on Email forwarding and POP/IMAP in the left-hand menu & Choose Add Email Address.
- In the Mail tab that opens up, click on the Add email address and enter the Gmail account details in the email ID field. Click the Add button.
- Now, go back to the Gmail account and you will receive a confirmation email in your Gmail account which states that you are okay with Zoho forwarding the business email to the Gmail address.
- Click on the link given in the email and you will be required to type in your Zoho account password to verify the forwarding.
- Click on the Verify button.
- By this procedure emails those are sent to the Zoho business account will automatically be received in the Gmail account. Also, when you click on reply, the emails will be sent automatically from the Zoho business account Thereby resolving user issues : Zoho Mail Not Forwarding to Gmail
Step 5: Set Zoho mail as Default in Gmail
There are two methods to send the new emails from your Gmail account posted on behalf of the Zoho business account.
- Option method : When you click the drop-down box in the From section of your newly composed email, select the Zoho business account address listed in it.
- Default method : This is the configuration method of your Gmail account so that it sends new emails from your business email address by default.
– Login to your Gmail account
– Click the Settings or the Gear button in the upper right-hand corner.
– Click on Accounts tab.
– Find your Zoho email account in the list displayed and click on ‘make default’ next to the email account info.
– This makes the Zoho email account your default account to send emails & resolve issue “Zoho Mail Not Forwarding to Gmail”.
Drawbacks of the Manual Method
Manual method is risky and any slight mistake in entering the commands may risk the user to lose all of his important data. Also, it is lengthy and time-consuming and takes efforts for a non-technical person to get accustomed to the procedure and subsequently execute it when they receive error Zoho Mail Not Forwarding to Gmail.
In this blog we have dealt with both the manual method and the professional approach when Zoho Mail Not Forwarding to Gmail account. The blog advocates the use of professional tool for reliability and security.