How to Export Turnpike to Outlook with Attachments?
The following article comprises a complete how-to guide on the conversion of Turnpike emails to PST format. A step by step process to export Turnpike data manually is defined along with automated Turnpike to Outlook conversion.
Developed in 1995 for Microsoft Windows, Turnpike is now a discontinued email and news client. Although it is no longer supported by its manufacturers, it still has a significant global user-base. Turnpike stored emails in its own variation of MBOX files. And this is a problem for people who are eventually seeking other standard email clients such as Outlook. Because Outlook has its very own proprietary format i.e., PST for mailbox items storage. So the incompatibility of both Turnpike and Outlook database makes this email migration scenario a daunting task. Also, the fact that no inbuilt mechanism to transfer emails from Turnpike to Outlook exists does not help.
Solution: A Specialized Turnpike to Outlook Converter
Lack of any direct mechanism leaves this entire scenario in the hand of specialized software applications. And there is no better choice than to have SysTools MBOX to PST converter handle this complex migration. With dedicated algorithms, this tool scans the Turnpike emails and converts them to PST format. The entire process is performed in such a way that all emails are perfectly readable in Microsoft Outlook. All of this while maintaining the originality of each and every message – from structure to properties like headers, attachments, images, hyperlinks, etc.
It is an essential software for technical and novice users alike for converting the Turnpike based MBOX files into a standalone UNICODE PST file. These output files can then be imported in any Outlook application irrespective of platform or edition.
Download Now Purchase Now
There are mainly two aspects of Turnpike to Outlook conversion:
- Export MBOX Files from Turnpike
- Convert the exported files in PST format
Now, let us start with the process.
I. Export Turnpike data in MBOX format
- Launch Turnpike mail client on the local system
- Navigate to Tools menu and click on Search Messages option
- Look for necessary messages to transfer to Outlook
- Select them. Use Ctrl+A to choose all emails at once
For exporting messages from a particular folder(say Inbox), click on that folder, select all emails and continue to next step.
- Then, again from the menu, click File >> Export option
- Choose a location to save all the Turnpike emails
- Finally, click on Save button.
Now, once the files are exported to Berkeley mailbox type, it is time to convert them in Outlook data file.
II. Convert MBOX of Turnpike to Outlook PST
The following are the steps to transfer emails and attachments from Turnpike files to PST for Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013 and lower editions.
Follow these steps to export Turnpike emails to Outlook:
- Download and run Turnpike to Outlook
- Upload “Turnpike” data into the software.
- Preview emails before conversion.
- Select PST format and Convert Turnpiketo PST.
- Open MS Outlookto import converted Turnpike
The elaborated steps with screenshots are also given below. If you want to read the complete guide that explains the software steps for all export formats, kindly open this How it Works Guide.
- Step 1. Run the tool, select Add File and click on Next button
- Step 2. Here, use folder mode to scan all the exported Turnpike files
- Step 3. View the Turnpike emails and attachments in the preview pane
- Step 4. Select from a variety of export options while keeping PST as export type
- Step 5. At last, click the Export option and convert all Turnpike emails to Outlook PST.
This marks the end of the conversion procedure. Now you can simply open or import the UNICODE PST generated into MS Outlook application. It will enable you to view the emails in Outlook exactly how it was before conversion.
Some Additional benefits:
- Converts both emails and attachments without Outlook installation
- Capable to transfer data without hindering folder structure
- Preview the files before email transfer
- No size limitation. Works well with even large Turnpike data
- Retains email attributes. No loss of headers, images, etc.
- Generated File compatible with all versions of Microsoft Outlook
Outlook is continuously reaching unprecedented heights in terms of popularity and the demerits of other email applications push more and more users towards Outlook. On the other hand, Turnpike after discontinuation is simply moving towards its extinction. And its patient user base is finally looking to switch to a better platform like Outlook. Or that purpose, the article introduces a reliable means of Turnpike to Outlook conversion. This intuitive tool can convert Turnpike emails to PST format in no time. Thus enabling users to open PST file in any Outlook version of choice i.e., Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, etc.
Frequently Asked Queries
In which files does Turnpike store its data?
Turnpike uses MBOX file format to store its emails and attachments. It also provides an inbuilt option to export the data as MBOX files.
Can I export only selective data from turnpike to Outlook?
Yes, you can choose to save only required emails in MBOX file format. You will also have an option to save selective data during the conversion process.
Do I need Turnpike or Outlook installation for export process?
No, it is not mandatory to have either of them as long as you have the database files of Turnpike with you.
How to access Turnpike emails in Outlook 2016?
Follow the steps given in the article and you will be able to convert all your Turnpike emails to Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013 and lower versions.