Recover Permanently Deleted Emails in Outlook Data File
In today’s digitally growing age, email communication has become an integral part of our personal and professional lives. Basically, in our professional lives, we rely on email for everything from sharing important documents to maintaining essential contacts.
However, there are situations when we accidentally delete emails that we later realize were crucial. Worse still, sometimes we mistakenly permanently delete these emails, thinking they’re gone forever. But what if I say that there is a simple way to recover permanently deleted emails in Outlook?
So stick with this blog post because, we will briefly go through an excellent solution that allows the user to retrieve permanently deleted emails in Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, and 2003.
Methods to Recover Permanently Deleted Emails in Outlook
Causes of Accidental Deletion in Outlook
In this section, we will go through the possible reasons for email deletion in Outlook
- Accidental Deletion: There are two types of deletions.
- A user might have deleted some crucial emails from their Inbox by mistake which is followed by clearing the Deleted Items Folder unknowingly.
- User permanently deletes emails with attachments from Inbox, Sent Items, Junk Emails, Draft, etc. (A Shift + Del will remove your email messages permanently from Outlook.)
- Clean-Up: This is very common. When your Outlook data file size is expanding enormously, the best thing to do is to clear your unwanted email messages. Deleting emails from the Outlook Deleted Items folder is the best way to resolve oversized PST file issues. Microsoft Outlook also provides an option check to the ‘Empty Deleted Items folder when exiting Outlook’ to clear your Deleted Items folder easily.
These are the few cases when a user may search for a solution to restore permanently deleted emails in Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, and 2007, data files.
Brief of Outlook Data Deletion Process
If we look from a wider view, we can see that the storage facility for deleted items is everywhere. From the Recycle Bin provided in MS Windows OS, all the email client applications provide a separate folder to store deleted items. If we consider Microsoft Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, and 2007 versions, we can see that Outlook also has a folder called Deleted Items Folder in all its available versions.
When a user performs a soft deletion of emails (normal deletion), it goes to the Deleted Items folder. But it doesn’t mean that those emails will be stored there forever. Microsoft Outlook has a Retention Period policy, which automatically removes emails from the Deleted Items folder periodically as per the period that you have set in it. By default, it is 14 days. You can also change the retention period of Outlook easily.
Method-1: Recover Permanently Deleted Emails from Outlook
Quick Automated solution to retrieve permanently deleted emails, contacts, calendars, tasks, notes, journals, attachments, etc. from data files in Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, 2002, and 2000.
SysTools provides an eminent software: Outlook Email Recovery, which can effortlessly recover hard deleted emails from Outlook without any data loss. The application can process both ANSI and Unicode files from any Outlook version. This tool helps you to repair PST files without scanpst and without causing any issues. But the important point is, that it does not require MS Outlook installation in your System.
The software provides Advanced Scan Mode to recover permanently deleted emails in Outlook files along with attachments without any loss. The application provides a user-friendly environment for users. It displays all recovered deleted items in Red color.
The user can sort, filter, and preview email messages in 7+ modes such as Normal Mail View, Message Header, HTML, RTF, MIME, and HEX and you can view your email attachments separately in the panel. The Export Selected option allows saving only those selected emails as per your requirement.
Recover Tool For Mac
If you are Mac user and accidentally deleted your emails, then you can try the Mac Outlook Recovery toolkit to recover permanently deleted emails in Mac Outlook
Steps to Recover Permanently Deleted Emails in Outlook
- Download the free version of the software from the above Download button. Install it on your Windows System. Run the application.
Note: Microsoft Outlook Installation on your system doesn’t need to run the software.
- Load the required Outlook data file into the software by clicking on the Add File option in the top-left corner.
Note: This Add File option provides two options: Select File option and Search File option.
You can browse to the PST location if know it or you only have one Outlook data file to load. If you have multiple Outlook data files to recover (deleted) emails in Outlook (from the deleted items folder), then use Search Outlook data file from Drive or all Drive options as per your need.
- In the Add File Window, you can many other options like; Remove Encryption, Scan Mode, etc. Choose the Advanced Mode option to recover permanently deleted emails from the Outlook PST file and press the Add button.
Note: Software allows to removal of SMIME or OpenPGP encryption type from Outlook data files and decrypting encrypted email messages in bulk, check this option.
Advanced Mode Scanning can repair corrupted PST files as well.
- The software will preview all the recovered deleted emails in Outlook in the preview panel in Red color as shown in the screenshot.
The application can recover emails from PST files and it can also retrieve deleted contacts, calendars, tasks, notes, and journals from the loaded Outlook data file. These recovered items will also be displayed in red color in the preview panel.
- Export recovered deleted emails in Outlook file into a new healthy Outlook PST file. You can choose the Export Selected option in the top right corner if you need to export only the selected email messages. This option helps you to save only those recovered deleted emails for Outlook PST files effortlessly.
- Clicking the Export button opens an Export File window, in which you can choose the file format in which you need to save the resultant data. Choose the PST file option.
Note: The software provides other export file options like EML, MSG, PDF, and HTML and it also provides direct export of recovered mail directly to an Office 365 account. The user can effortlessly save recovered deleted emails.
- Provide the required destination location to store the resultant Outlook data file and hit the Export button.
After the completion of the export process, it provides a success message and then generates a report. You can vary the process using this data. Now you can import the resultant recovered Outlook data file in your Outlook account and see recovered emails in the Outlook account efficiently.
Do You Need a Pro Version of the Software?
Get SysTools Outlook Deleted Items Recovery to recover permanently deleted emails from Outlook in an advanced way. The tool supports RAW scan mode which helps to scan your Outlook data file bit per bit. It can retrieve hard deleted emails, contacts, calendars, tasks, notes, and journals from Outlook data files efficiently without any loss. Download the advanced software. This is the final solution.
Method 2: Recover Deleted Emails from PST for Free
Yes, Outlook itself provides some recovery options like Deleted Items Folder and Recoverable Items Folder. These two folders are repositories of deleted emails in Outlook. But both the folders retain deleted emails only for 30 days. if you are looking for lost emails after 30 days, avoid the below steps.
My recommendation for you is to first try to recover deleted emails from PST files using these inbuilt options in Outlook. Follow the below instructions:
Steps for Deleted Items Folder:
- Launch the Outlook from which emails are deleted and find the Deleted Items Folder (it is a system-generated folder).
- Now check whether your deleted emails are in this folder or not. If yes then move to the next step otherwise move to the Recoverable Items Folder steps and perform deleted email recovery from the PST file using software.
- Select all emails that you want to recover and right-click on them after that click on the Move >> Other Folder option.
Steps for Recoverable Items Folder:
Note: The recoverable items folder is not visible for the Mobile browser. You have to use either Windows PC or Mac book for same.
- Launch Outlook on your PC or Macbook and select the Recoverable Items Folder.
- Now select the option Recover items deleted from this folder.
- Select the emails that you want to recover and hit the Restore button.
Microsoft offers these two methods to recover deleted emails from PST files. If you are not able to find your lost messages then move to method 1.
In this blog, we have discussed how to recover permanently deleted emails in Outlook without any data loss efficiently. It is not easy to restore permanently deleted emails in Outlook. Those are no longer available in the Deleted Items folder. The above-described recovery tool effortlessly restores hard or shifts deleted email messages along with attachments from Outlook data files. The method discussed above can be used for any of the Microsoft Outlook versions.