How to Archive Gmail Emails by Date – 3 Quick Methods Explained
When a person creates a new Gmail account, it seems like they have all of the space that they will ever need. But after several years, that may not be the case. Because Google offers only 15 GB of storage space. However, Gmail emails are important for users and they do not want to lose the data at any cost. To keep save the Gmail emails, archiving is the best option. In this, users can locally save their emails on the system and access them. But sometimes, people need only some specific emails to archive. Therefore, in this write-up, we will tell you all the possible method to archive emails in Gmail by date.
“Are you seeking for a way to archive multiple emails in Gmail? Do you need a simple and reliable solution? Do not worry; you are landed in the correct place. In this article, the step-by-step solution is mentioned to let users understand how to archive Gmail emails by date. Before that, let us discuss brief information for the same.“
What is archive Gmail emails?
Archive Emails means saving a copy of emails and deleting from its original location. In Gmail email can be archived using three methods.
1. Using Archive Feature in Gmail
When a person archives an email in Gmail account, that email message is hidden from the Inbox folder. But, it does not mean email is deleted from the Gmail account. It is just like transferring something into a filing cabinet for protection, rather than keeping it in the trash. Any email message that you have archived can be found by clicking on the “All Mail” option on the left side of the Gmail page.
2. Using SysTools Gmail Backup
At certain times, when a user wants to delete emails from Gmail to save space. Archive feature fails to delete messages from the server as all the archived data is saved on the server. In such case SysTools Gmail Email Backup can be used to archive Gmail emails and save on hard drive, once downloaded automatically get deleted from Gmail. Using Date Range Filter user can archive Gmail emails by date.
3. Archive Gmail Emails Using Google Takeout
Google Takeout can be used archive Gmail email and save it on locally. It is not possible to archive emails in Gmail by date using Takeout. This utility only allows the user to select labels and export emails from Gmail in MBOX file format.
Consequences of Using Takeout
However, Takeout is the best and effective manual solution to archive emails in Gmail when mailbox size is small. But fails when there is a large number of mails also has so many drawbacks as well.
- This method needs fast and smooth network connectivity.
- If the process is interrupted in between, it cannot be resumed.
- It is a very lengthy and time-consuming process.
- Archive complete Gmail account data, no such option to archive selected Mail.
How to Archive Emails in Gmail By Date Using Gmail Inbuilt Feature
For this example, let’s archive emails in Gmail before date 2017/08/15. Using below keyword we can get email messages received before a specific date. In the search box on Gmail page type a search in below format:
- The entire search string will look something like below:
- Now that you have a list of results matching your search criteria, you can start the archive Gmail by date process. Choose Select All checkbox as shown below. That checkbox accounts for the emails on the first page, if messages exceed 50 emails you can click on the link to select all messages.
- Once those selections are made, all that is left to do is the archiving. For that, click the Archive button as shown below.
- You will get message “conversations have been archived”.
How to Archive Gmail by Date Using SysTools Gmail Backup?
“I am using Gmail account for a long time so I have lots of email message stored in my account. Now I wish to export some of the important emails within the particular date range on my computer and delete it from the server. For this purpose, I have tried Google takeout method, but it takes a long time to execute. Also, failed in between and Takeout archive whole Gmail emails instead of selected emails. Therefore, I am searching a fast and reliable third-party tool. But, I am not much aware of the online market and tools. Can you please suggest me the best possible way how to archive emails in Gmail by date?”
There are so many people who may face the same query like this. Thus, keep in mind the user’s problem; we have suggested an efficient third-party tool which named as SysTools Gmail Email Backup Software. It is the perfect tool for creating an archive of important emails within the particular date range in Gmail. Because, it has an option to apply date based filter, which gives the specific email messages within the date range.
1. Run the utility and enter the credentials of your Gmail account and click on Login button.
2. After Sign in successful, choose email format in which you want to save archive email in EML, PST, MBOX, and MSG.
3. Here, you need to select the radio button next to PST format and click on Browse button to choose the destination location.
4. Further, click on the Apply Filter button to apply customized filters and archive emails in Gmail by Date.
5. Here, you can provide the start and end date according to your need. It will give you the emails within the date range that you have entered.
6. After choosing the particular date range, just click on “Start” Button to start archiving Gmail messages. Once, archiving Gmail emails by date process completes successfully. Click on OK button to end the task.
How to Archive Emails in Gmail through Google Takeout?
1. First of all, Log in your Gmail account.
2. Then, use the left panel of the screen to navigate the Personal info & privacy >> Control your content.
3. Now, in the Download or transfer your content section, go to the Download your data box and click on the Create Archive option.
4. Now, click on Select None at the top of the screen, then slide the toggle next to Gmail.
5. You can either download your all email items or use the drop-down menu to choose the specific Gmail labels.
6. After this, click on the Next button.
7. Now, you need to choose the file type, archive size, & delivery method.
8. Finally, click on the Create Archive button.
After performing the all above-mentioned step, you have created the archive of your Gmail emails. Now, you can save it locally.
Archiving is not always such an easy task in today’s world. The process of archiving Gmail emails by date through Google Takeout is not possible. Thus, we have recommended a reliable third-party tool i.e. SysTools Gmail Email backup to resolve query ‘how to archive emails in Gmail by date’. It will allow archiving emails from Gmail account within a specific date range in a trouble-free manner.