Bulk Save Attachments from Multiple Emails in Outlook 2019/ 2016/ 2013/ 2010/ 2007/ 2003
With Microsoft Outlook, it seems very easy to attach images, files, emails, and other items to an email message. Whenever users receive an email with several attachments, they open it and starts saving Outlook attachments individually. But, saving each one separately is very time-consuming and tiresome. Sometimes ‘Save all Outlook attachments’ feature also doesn’t work. In such situations, users starts their search for a common query i.e., how to bulk save attachments from multiple emails in Outlook. Just like the following user:
I have upgraded from Office 2013 to Office 2016 and after that, I am unable to save all Outlook attachments to a folder. I’ve tried the following:
- Right-click on an Outlook attachment >> Save As but, nothing happened. The window explorer that saves an attachment doesn’t appear.
If I am trying to use the ‘Save all the attachments’ option to save attachments from multiple emails in Outlook 2016 and it lists entire available attachments and when I am hitting the OK button, ‘The server is not available. Contact administrator’ error prompts. This is happening with all types of accounts like POP, Exchange etc., while I am trying to save Outlook attachments
However, I still can drag and drop them to save Outlook attachments to desktop. Well, doing this with every single message is a tedious task and I have tried to repair Office but, nothing seems to be changed. Can I save all attachments from multiple emails in Outlook 2016 and so then, how to save multiple Outlook attachments at once. Please help!”
If you are tired from the manual method and seeking for the one-click solution, then try SysTools Outlook Attachment Extractor toolkit. It is the software that has the capability to save bulk attachments from Outlook all version in just a few minutes.
Hence, today we have come up with some amazing techniques to save an attachment from emails in Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, and 2003. So, let’s start!
Manual Workarounds to Bulk Save Attachments from Multiple Emails in Outlook
Following are some of the native methods which allows to save attachments from multiple Outlook emails.
Approach 1: Select and Save Outlook Email Attachments
- Launch Outlook application and choose the desired Outlook email from which the attachments need to be extracted
- After that, select all or the required attachments from the Outlook email
- Then, right click and choose Save All Attachments option and click OK
- Now, provide the folder path in which the attachments are to be saved and click OK
- You will see all the attachments from the chosen Outlook email will be saved at the mentioned location
Approach 2: Use VBA to Save Attachments from Multiple Outlook Emails
- Open MS Outlook and hit “Alt+F11” keys as to open VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) Editor
- Make sure to import VBA Macro from the below mentioned link:
- Under VBA Editor, navigate to File>>Import File>> select the saved mAttachmentSaver.bas file>> click Open
- After that, select the required email messages from which the attachments are to be removed
- Then, hit “Alt+F8” keys to launch Macro wizard. Ensure to enable All Macros to bulk save attachments from multiple PST emails
- Now, select ExecuteSaving>> click Run>> Browse For Folder and specify the location wherein the attachments will be saved
Automatically Save Attachments from Multiple Outlook Emails
If the manual method seems quite complicated to bulk save attachments Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013 or below versions. Then, switch to Outlook Attachment Extractor Tool. It is one of the best software to save attachments from multiple emails in Outlook 2013 and other versions in a single go.
The software is loaded with remarkable features wherein one can seamlessly save attachments not only from PST files but also from OST, BAK, MSG, OLK and OLM files. One can avail various customized features such as selective folder attachment extraction, date-filter, size filter, etc. One can also select the desired data items such as emails, contacts, tasks, etc. to extract Outlook files attachments.
The software also allows to include or exclude the attachment file type from the software panel. The best part is that it is compatible with all versions of Microsoft Outlook and Windows OS.
Detailed Steps to Save Multiple Emails Attachments from Outlook (Windows):
- At first, download and launch the software on any version of your Windows system.
- Select PST/OST radio button and then click Next button.
- Click on the Add File(s) or Add Folder option to add the Outlook data files.
- Under Filter dialog box, you can avail varied filters such as selective item types extraction, date filter, attachment extraction by file size, addition or removal of attachment file types, multiple naming convention patterns, etc.
- After that you apply all those customized settings, simply click Extract and get your attachments extracted at the mentioned folder location.
That all, you are done! Isn’t it easy enough to save attachments from multiple emails via this software?
Steps to Save All Attachments from Multiple Emails in Outlook (Mac)
Step 1. Download and Launch Mac attachment extractor tool on your Mac machine.
Step 2. Choose Auto Location options to detect Outlook /Office 365 Profiles
Step 3. Choose folder structure and naming convention and as per your needs. Also select the destination path to save attachments.
Step 4. Click on the Export button to start the process.
This article comprises two different techniques to bulk save all attachments from multiple emails in Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, and below versions. Now, users can opt for any solution as per their technicalities, current requirements and preferences to save Outlook attachments from multiple emails.
Frequently Asked Questions
A. Yes, you can use a Save All Attachments option of Outlook or a reliable third-party tool to save multiple embedded images in Outlook.
A. If you have received a few emails today then, open each email and save attachments individually. Otherwise, opt for the automated solution mentioned here.
A. Yes. The automated solution mentioned in this article will allow you to recover and save deleted Outlook emails as well as attachments even without Outlook installation.
A. Open Outlook email that comprises attachments and select the attached file, click Save All Attachments. Select Desktop and click OK.