How to Download Office 365 Emails – Top 3 Methods of 2021
Been searching the best way to download Office 365 emails lately? Here is all you need! Get the explicit solutions to save all your Office 365 online mailbox data to local storage with methods that are mentioned here.
“My organisation has provided me with an Office 365 account for email purposes. I am leaving from here very soon, but I would like to download my emails to my PC. I don’t find any way to do this distinctly. How do I download all emails from Office 365 that I can load into another email client?”
Since Office 365 is a cloud-based Suite, we somehow need to have a backup or simply export the data to on-premises. Microsoft doesn’t provide a direct method through which you can download the mailbox data to your local storage, however you can adapt a couple of approaches which we are going to discuss below.
Also Read : How to Backup Office 365 Essentials Account – Complete Guide
How to Download Office 365 Emails – 3 Best Ways
These are the best 3 approaches I believe, user must opt to if wondering how do I download all emails from Office 365 mailbox.
Techniques to Download Office 365 Email:
- Configuration of O365 account with Outlook desktop
- Automated Direct Method to Save Emails of O365 webmail
- Save Outlook Web App Email Files as HTML / PDF
Let’s understand each method in detail.
Method #1 – Configure Office 365 with Outlook Desktop Application
Prerequisite: For this approach, you need to have installed any desktop version of Outlook on your system.
- Go to your system’s Control Panel and choose Mail
- Click on Add option on the Mail window
- Now in the opened dialog box choose Manual setup or additional server types >> hit Next
- Here choose “Office 365”, followed by entering your Office 365 login credentials >> click Next
- Your Office 365 account will be verified in a while and then you will see Autodiscover.xml login window where you need to enter O365 login details >> hit Next
- If everything goes right, you will receive a notification window with Congratulation messages
You have to open your Outlook account and check all your Office 365 emails.
Now that you have configured Office 365 account with Outlook desktop version, it’s time to download Office 365 emails to desktop. Follow the below steps:
- Open Outlook >> go to File option >> click on Import & Export
- Under Import & export wizard choose Export to a File
- Choose Outlook data file option to migrate emails to PST file.
- Mark check the checkbox to include Subfolders >> click Finish.
Method #2 – Direct Solution to Download All Office 365 Emails (Experts Suggested)
The automated tool named as SysTools Office 365 Email Backup and Restore is a smart choice to quickly download Office 365 mailbox data into PST formats securely. Built with advanced algorithms, the backup utility provides multiple features along with backing up the huge Office 365 data in one shot.
You get the option to download Office 365 emails from multiple accounts in one go. The Concurrent Backup option makes sure that the entire process becomes quick and efficient. With the Restore option, you can import Outlook PST files to Office 365 Mailbox.
You can download the free version of the tool here and then follow the below steps:
Download Now Purchase Now
1. Download and Install the software to download all Office 365 emails.
2. Check “Email” checkbox and use Date-Filter if you want to export selective data.
3. Provide Office 365 Admin ID and Application ID and validate both of them.
4. Browse for the destination location where you want to save your emails.
5. Click on Start Backup button to start downloading all Office 365 emails.
Method #3 – Save Email Files As HTML or PDF
This method is really simple and can be applied to download Office 365 email files one by one. But it becomes a daunting process when applied to save a lot number of email messages. Follow the below steps:
- Go to Mail view >> Open the inbox folder containing required emails.
- Go to File option >> click Save As >> provide a location path to the emails on your local storage.
- Now select the file format HTML from the Save As drop down menu >> hit Save.
Since PDF is not a default file format supported by Microsoft, we can’t directly save emails in PDF extension. For that, we will have to choose the html format first and then follow the below steps:
- First of all, follow the above steps performed for HTML.
- In Outlook, navigate to File >> choose Open >> browse the HTML file created initially.
- Navigate to File >> hit Save As >> choose PDF format from the drop down menu >> Tap Save
Users can opt for any of the above-described methods on how to download Office 365 emails. The configuration method would be lengthy and time-consuming, and if the data is huge, Outlook freezes. The software is an instant way to download all emails from Office 365 Outlook to the desktop in a short time span. So make a choice according to your convenience.
Frequently Asked Queries
Is it possible to download Office 365 emails directly into PDF ?
No, PDF is not a default file format supported by Microsoft. Hence to save Office 366 emails as PDF first you need to convert your data into HTML and then into PDF file.
Can I access Office 365 emails in Outlook application ?
Yes, if your system is installed with MS Outlook then you can access your Office 365 emails within it. Only you need to do is configure your account in Outlook application with Office 365 credentials. This will also help you to save your emails in the local system.
How can I save Office 365 emails as HTML file ?
Follow the steps to download your O365 data in HTML format:
1) Go to the Mail View.
2) Open the mailbox which you want to save.
3) Select Save As from File option and provide the destination file location.
4) Select the file format as HTML from the drop down menu & save.
Can I download my O365 data selectively ?
Yes with the help of Office 356 backup and restore automated solution you can save your data selectively. It provides the date filter option which allows you to save the data between the particular date.