How to Import Outlook Calendar to Lotus Notes: Top 2 Methods
There are numerous email clients used by people across the globe. The user always selects a reliable and efficient email client as per his/her work requirements. Nowadays, both Outlook and Lotus Notes are used by people more frequently. Sometimes, Outlook users need to import Outlook calendar to Lotus Notes. Calendars are important to everyone as it helps the user to manage their activities and schedule in an accurate way. Thus, when people import their data from one email client to another, they do import calendar also. But they are not able to find an instant and trustworthy solution to move calendar from Outlook to Lotus Notes. Therefore, in this blog, we are going to discuss different methods using which the user can export the Outlook calendar into Lotus Notes calendar.
Quick Glance on Outlook and Lotus Notes
- Lotus Notes: Lotus Notes or IBM Notes is one of the collaborative client-server software platforms. It basically offers business collaboration functionalities such as email, calendars, to-do lists, contacts management, team rooms, discussion forums, file sharing, microblogging etc.
- Outlook: Microsoft Outlook is an independent personal information manager, that manage emails, calendars, contacts, tasks etc. in an efficient way. It is a component of the MS Office Suite and is integrated with numerous features.
Related Blog: Import Outlook Calendar to iPhone Calendar
Methods to Import Outlook Calendar to Lotus Notes
In this section, we are going to introduce two ways using which the user can easily share Outlook calendar with Lotus Notes.
Method 1: Manual Approach to Add Outlook to Lotus Notes Calendar
The manual method is divided into 2-steps, first the user has to export Outlook calendar to ICS file, and then he/she can import that calendar ICS file into Lotus Notes.
Step 1: Export Outlook Calendar
- First, you need to open MS Outlook on your system and click on the Calendar icon present at the bottom
- Now, under the navigation pane of My Calendars >> Calendar option
- After that, choose File option in the menu at the top and select Save Calendar option
- Next, browse to the location where you want to save your export Outlook ICS file
- Now, in the Save Calendar option, select .ics format and then select Save button
Step 2: Import Outlook Calendar to Lotus Notes
- Open Lotus Notes on your system and hit on the Calendar tab
- Select File button and select the Import button. Now, select the iCalendar (.ics) file format
- After that, select the Browse button to locate the exported Outlook calendar and then click on Import
- Preview Entries to preview and check the data is imported or not. Now, type the name for the calendar that you are importing and then choose OK button
- After that, click on the More button > Manage Imported Calendars
- All the calendar entries you imported will be merged into your current calendar file. You can also make use of the Manage Imported Calendars option to delete, rename or use the imported calendar files that were created as separate calendar files if required
Method 2: Automated Approach to Import Outlook Calendar to Lotus Notes
The user can opt for an instant and reliable method that is PST Converter to import Outlook to Lotus Notes Calendar. With this utility, the user can convert Outlook PST calendar into ICS format and then can import the ICS calendar file into Lotus Notes. The software is having an easy to use interface which permits the user to work with the utility in a seamless way. Moreover, the software supports Windows 10/8.1/8/7 and all the below versions. Additionally, the user can also convert Outlook emails, contacts, tasks, notes into multiple file formats. The user can convert Outlook calendar into ICS file format by following the steps given below:
Free Download Purchase Now
- Now, click on the Add File button to insert the Outlook calendar file. The user can also scan the file using Advance Scan option
- After the completion of the scanning process, the software will load all the files.
- Now, click on the Export button in the menu and select the ICS radio button in the Export option.
- Click on the Browse button to select the desired location where you need to save your ICS calendar file.
- Finally, click on the Export button. The software will begin will the export process
- After the completion of the export process, the user can navigate to the location where he/she saved the ICS file
Once the user has converted Outlook calendar into ICS file format he/she can easily import Outlook calendar to Lotus Notes.
People switch from one email client to another very frequently as the requirements of the users change due to change in technology. When it comes to email clients, the users opt for an email client according to their business and organization needs. Nowadays, there are many people who need to import Outlook calendar to Lotus Notes. Therefore, in the above section, we have explained a step by step process to move Outlook calendar into Lotus Notes in a hassle-free way. However, to avoid data loss situations it is always suggested to opt for an automated solution.