How to Import PST into Gmail for Business Without Outlook? Guide
Are you trying to import PST into Gmail for Business on Mac or Windows? Do not know the method to export Outlook data file items into a business Gmail account? Have you been stuck with the problem to import Outlook to your Business Gmail account? If you’re thinking about moving your important emails from Outlook to Gmail without any trouble, you’ve come to the right spot.
Follow along as we guide you through an easy process to import PST into Gmail for Business. This will help you combine, organize, and control your emails, contacts, and calendars on different platforms.
Microsoft Outlook is one of the best desktop-oriented email clients. This application provides an option to manage your emails and add multiple different accounts like Gmail, Yahoo, etc. However, Outlook is a flexible program, so users can move and copy emails from their folders to any other account. This process allows you to synchronize email messages and backup Outlook emails to Gmail for Business accounts.
As we all know, Gmail is the most widely used webmail service provided by Google. Plus, it can be easily accessed from any device from any location. This is the reason, why users want to export PST files in it. So, they can easily work with Google Apps along with Outlook data. Therefore, in this write-up, a step-by-step solution to import .pst file(s) to a Gmail domain account without the assistance of an Outlook client is illustrated.
So, let’s get started!
Why Users Need to Migrate PST to Gmail for Business?
Know the end-user requirements for transferring PST data into a business Gmail account.
I have both Gmail and Outlook accounts. Both accounts are necessary for me. But, at the time of traveling, I am unable to access my Outlook emails. So, I want to import my PST file including the data Emails, contacts, contacts group, and calendar appointments into my Gmail for Business account. Can you please suggest me any reliable method to import PST into the domain Gmail account?
Moreover, there can be several reasons for Importing PST to Gmail business, check out some of the note-worthy reasons listed below:
- Gmail for Business allows access from any device or location, which makes it universally accessible.
- Seamlessly combines Outlook data with Google Apps for enhanced productivity, which makes integration easy.
- Simplifies data management by consolidating information within Gmail which makes the email management centralized.
- Importing PST to Gmail business enables effortless use of Google Apps alongside Outlook data.
- It allows you to manage emails, contacts, and calendars in one place within Gmail business.
Transfer PST to Gmail for Business through Gmail Account Configuration
To seamlessly transition from Outlook to Gmail for business, follow these categorized steps:
Stage 1: Configuring Gmail Account in Outlook
- Step 1. Launch Outlook and access the ‘File’ option.
- Step 2. Click on ‘Add Account,’ input your Email address, and click ‘Connect.’
- Step 3. Navigate to the Google Sign-In page, enter your credentials, and click ‘Sign-In.’
- Step 4. Finally, press ‘Done’ to complete the setup.
Stage 2: Migrating Outlook Emails to Gmail
- Step 1. Access your Gmail Account.
- Step 2. Right-click on the Gmail Inbox, create a ‘New Folder,’ and assign it a unique name.
- Step 3. Open the Outlook mail folder and select the necessary data (right-click, and choose ‘Copy Folder’).
- Step 4. Paste the copied data into the newly created folder in Gmail.
- Step 5. Allow the process to finalize.
Post-completion, access your Gmail Account to view all Outlook Email data seamlessly imported.
Importing PST files into Gmail Business using the GWMMO
- Download the GWMMO Tool – You can download it from the official website.
- Access Permissions – Ensure you have the necessary permissions within Gmail for Business to perform migrations.
Steps to Import PST File using GWMMO:
Step 1. Download and install the GWMMO tool on your system.
Step 2. Open the GWMMO tool. Then Click on “Migrate data” in the GWMMO tool.
Step 4. Select “Internet mail (IMAP or PST files)” and click “Next.”
Step 5. Choose the option “Outlook PST file” and click “Next.”
Step 6. Enter your Business Gmail Account admin email address and click “Next.”
Step 7. Configure migration settings (e.g., date range, folders to migrate, etc.) and click “Next.”
Step 8. Click on “Add PST File” and browse to locate the PST file you want to import.
Step 9. Choose the migration options such as whether to import mail, calendar events, contacts, etc.
Step 10. Click “Migrate” to start the migration process.
- Ensure your PST file isn’t too large. Large files might take a long time to upload and might encounter errors.
- Maintain a stable and strong internet connection during the migration process.
- Take regular backups of your PST file before attempting any migration.
It is evident from the above manual methods that you should be technically sound to perform this task, on the other hand, if you want to overcome all the limitations of the manual method, then you can choose the below method.
Most Reliable Way to Import PST to Business Gmail Account Without Outlook
If you are looking for a reliable way to import PST data to Gmail account, then SysTools Outlook to G Suite Migration Tool works as a reliable way to import emails, contacts, and calendars from PST files. Also, the software comes as an effective solution, which can easily import a ‘n’ number of PST files into multiple Google for business accounts in a single attempt. Apart from this, there are many advantages of this tool that make it different from other applications.
In addition to this, the software also offers various features that help users easily import PST to a business Gmail account. Some of the noteworthy features are listed below:
- Selective Import – The software allows you to apply category and date-range filters for selective data import. If only emails or calendars need to be imported from the PST file, specific filters can be applied.
- Dashboard Monitoring – Offers a comprehensive dashboard for tracking import progress, categorizing it into ‘In Progress,’ ‘Pending,’ and ‘Completed.’ This feature enables users/admins to monitor successfully imported PST files and those pending. Additionally, it tracks the volume of mailbox data being imported into specific Gmail for Business accounts.
- Delta Import & Retry Option – Provides Delta Import functionality for importing newly arrived mailbox data from the PST file into the Google account. Additionally, offers the option to rerun the entire import process in case of any previous import issues.
This advanced application to import PST files into a Gmail account also gets the option of Delta Import. Here, you can import the newly arrived mailbox data from the PST file into a Google account. Moreover, there is an option to run the entire import process again if there is any issue in the previous import process.
The next section of this write-up explains the step-by-step tutorial to run this application.
Software Steps to Import PST Files to Gmail Business Account Without Outlook
Follow the simple 5-step process to migrate Outlook PST files into the Gmail for Business accounts.
Step 1. Launch this application and choose the Source and Destination platform.
Step 2. Choose Workload Selection and apply Date Filter if needed.
Step 3. Select the folder path from where you have saved PST files.
Step 4. Enter Gmail business admin ID and other details for account verification.
Step 5. Map Source and Destination email accounts and start the import process.
Gmail for Business is a preferred mail service to Outlook because of its advanced facilities. Due to this, most of the users want to import .pst files into it. Thus, we have discussed the trouble-free solution to easily import PST into Google Apps Gmail without an MS Outlook client. Apart from this, we have also explained the step-by-step procedure to import contacts, emails, and calendars from PST files to designated accounts in an effective way without consuming much time.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q – How Can I transfer a 15 GB PST file into a Gmail account?
A – PST to Gmail Import tool allows migration of any size of PST file into a custom domain Gmail account.
Q – How do I import PST Contacts Group into Gmail contacts?
A – Simply, you need to select the Category of Contact during migration using the Outlook to Gmail Migration Tool.
Q – How to import PST to Business Gmail Mac?
A – With the utility, you cannot move data on the Mac platform as it is a Windows-based utility.
Q – Can I use this GWMMO without the assistance of Outlook?
A – No, GWMMO has a pre-condition that the MS Outlook application must be installed in the system.