How to Export Emails From Gmail to Outlook 2021, 2019? Complete Guide
I was looking out for a method to export Gmail emails to Outlook as I won’t be using Gmail anymore. I checked many sites but they all are talking about configurations. Is there an easy way to do it? Looking forward to hearing soon. Thanks in advance.
There are plenty of reasons why a user may want to switch from Gmail to Outlook. In such cases, it becomes problematic for them to figure out methods to export Gmail emails to Outlook. Here you will find a complete guide on how to securely transfer Google Mail to Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, and 2010. Some of the situations where a user looks for a solution to export emails from Gmail to Microsoft Outlook are:
- When a user wants to transfer Gmail data into another account:
In a scenario like this, creating a PST file of Gmail data and configuring it to the Outlook account would merge the Gmail’s data into the new account.
- When a company is migrating to Outlook and terminating Gmail services:
In this case, the only option left is to take the export of all Gmail data and transfer it into Microsoft Outlook, so that there are no chances of data loss.
Get Direct Solution to Download Gmail Emails to Computer
How to Export Emails from Gmail to Outlook 2021, 2019?
You can export Gmail emails to Microsoft Outlook via manual as well as automated software solutions. In this blog, we will explain both of these ways in detail. Let us first discuss the free manual procedure to move Gmail folders to Outlook.
Manual Steps to Export Gmail Emails to Outlook
The configuration steps for setting up a Gmail account in Outlook manually are as follows:
A) In Gmail
- Login to the Gmail account. Click Settings >> See all settings to open the Settings page.
- Go to Forwarding and POP/IMAP >> IMAP Access and select Enable IMAP.
- Click the Save Changes button at the bottom of the page.
B) In Outlook
- Open Outlook, go to File and select Add Account.
- An Auto Account Setup pop up appears.
- Enter your name, Gmail id, & password and click the Next button.
- Now, click the Finish button. The Gmail data will be automatically synchronized. You will be able to access your Gmail mailbox data items in your Outlook account.
- Go to the File menu and choose Open & Export >> Import/Export.
- Select Export to a file and click the Next button.
- Select Outlook Data File (*.pst) and click the Next button.
- Select an account by entering your Gmail id and check subfolders to make sure that the complete data is exported.
- Choose the destination path to store the resultant PST file.
Why Exporting Gmail Emails to Outlook Manually is Not Recommended?
The manual process of conversion, though free, is not reliable and not preferred by most users because of the following reasons:
- Users must have technical knowledge for executing the steps.
- Installation of Microsoft Outlook is required.
- Execution of steps consumes a lot of time.
- High risk of data loss and corruption.
- The manual method includes many sub-steps which if not followed carefully can lead to data loss.
Automated Solution to Export Google Mail to Outlook
We are well aware that MS Outlook stores its data in the PST file format. Thus if we convert our Gmail data into the PST file format, then we can easily import that file into Outlook according to our requirements.
Have you ever wondered how to export Gmail emails in PST? The easiest and assured solution to export Gmail email to Outlook is by free downloading SysTools Gmail Email Backup Tool to export emails from Gmail account in the PST file format. Follow the steps mentioned here to create a copy of your Gmail account data in PST format.
Five Steps to Export Gmail Emails to Outlook 2019, 2021:
- Download & launch the software.
- Login into Gmail Account using Gmail credentials.
- Select Category and choose Outlook PST format.
- Choose the Destination Location to export data.
- Finally, click Export to start the process.
Elaborate Steps to Perform the Export Process are:
Step-1: Download & install the tool to export emails from Gmail to Outlook.
Step-2: Select the mailbox items that you want to export & choose the PST email format.
Step-3: After selecting the destination location & applying filters, click Start.
The software displays the progress of the export process. Once the process finishes, you can access all your Gmail data in the PST format.
Note: The suggested automated tool also offers to export Gmail emails in MBOX file format which is useful if you want to access your Gmail data in Thunderbird or Apple Mail.
Advantages of Using the Automated Tool
- Option to free up server space using Delete After Download option.
- Users can resume the export process if it was interrupted, instead of creating a new one.
- Separate options to download new or updated data.
- Facility to manage the Internet bandwidth for secure export process.
Now, you must have got a clear picture of the possible methods to export Gmail emails to Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, and 2007. It completely depends on you which one to opt for according to your preferences. The easy and reliable SysTools Solution for exporting Google Mail to Outlook is clearly the better option.
Frequently Asked Questions
A: Using IMAP configuration or by using the tool, you can easily transfer email from Gmail to Outlook 2019, 2021.
A: Yes, you can easily export Mac Gmail data to Outlook. Use Mac Gmail Backup for transferring Gmail data into Outlook.
A: Yes, the Outlook PST file generated using the tool is compatible with all the versions of Outlook.
A: Yes, Outlook installation is not required to transfer Gmail account data to Outlook file format.