Today, various professionals manage all the contact information like name, email address, business address, image, etc. in Google spreadsheets. It is done because these files are convenient to store data in bulk. But, nowadays users want to access the information from any device like smartphones, tablets, etc., and these sheets are not accessible from such devices. It is so because android phones and tablets support vCard file format only. Hence, it becomes essential to export Google Sheet to VCF to access the contact information from Android phones.
“One of my friends send me bulk contact files through Google Sheets. As I am from the marketing team So, I usually need these files to contact my team. I wonder if I can access these contact files in my smartphone easily. I know that android phone supports vCard file format to store contacts. If I can export Google Sheet to vCard format and can thus easily import these files in my android phone? Please suggest me some good solutions to perform this task.”
If you are looking for the same solution then you are landed on the right page. Here, you will get a complete guide along with all the simple solutions to import Google spreadsheet contacts to vCard. So, let’s get started.
Let’s Export Google Sheet File
1. Open the Google sheet which you want to export in vCard (VCF) file format.
2. Now, click File Option >> Download As >> any File format.
Pre-requisite: You can choose any of the file format in which you want to export the Google sheet data.
3. For example, if you want to export Google Sheet Data into .tsv file format then click that option.
4. The file will get downloaded you can view the file.
Import the Exported TSV File into vCard File Format
In this section, we will import the .tsv file into vCard file format. For this, we will use SysTools Excel to vCard File Conversion Tool. The software allows converting Excel or the Google spreadsheet into CSV, XLSX, XLS, ODS, TSV, etc file format. The software is capable enough to create a single .vcf file for each contact & can easily import an empty email address.
Follow the working of the software to export TSV into vCard file format.
3. In the browse file option, write the full name of .tsv file to open it in the software.
4. The software will now let you preview the whole content of the .tsv file. Click the Next button.
5. Now, you can match the .tsv or the Google sheet data from the left panel with vCard fields from the right panel.
6. The software provides advance option you can opt for that according to the requirement. You can also select the version of vCard file. After that click the convert button to initiate the process.
If you check the “Allow empty email addresses to be imported” option, then the tool will create a single vCard file for all the contacts and will create individual .vcf file for each contact that is present in the Google sheet.
The software supports all versions of vCard version i.e 2.1, 3.0 or 4.0. If you want to import vCard into iCloud then you can select vCard version 3.0 or 4.0.
7. The tool will create separate vCard files for each contact & will save them at the location selected during the conversion process.
Most people use Google Sheet to store their contact information for a long time. But, due to personal or professional reasons, the users want to transfer all their data from Google Sheet to vCard (VCF) supported smartphones. Hence, in this blog post, we have focused on the simple methods to import Google spreadsheet contacts to vCard. Now, the users can opt for any of the solutions as per the need.
About The Author
A versatile writer with the vast knowledge of technology helps to reduce the gap between a user and technology. Provides easy and reliable ways to resolve multiple technical issues, which users encounter in their day-to-day life.