Outlook Data File Has Reached The Maximum Size – Fix The Error Here!
Nowadays, no one is unaware of the fact that Microsoft Outlook is often used as an email client, and using this millions of users electronically exchange information. If the error message, “The Outlook data file has reached the maximum size”, appears on the user’s screen, then he needs to pay attention, and resolve the error earnestly.
In order to provide support on this, here we are covering know-how to fix this issue. In other words, we will look at how to deal with Outlook data file reached maximum size error. Here, you will come to know about some simple tricks that are helpful for managing large PST file.
Basically, MS-Outlook stores mailbox data items, in the PST format. And, these mailbox items include emails, calendars, notes, tasks, journals, etc. Here, Outlook supports two type of PST files; ANSI and UNICODE.
The Outlook data file has a specific data limit for storing the data items. Like, Outlook 97 to 2002, a maximum size limit is 2 GB. Outlook 2003 and 2007 has a maximum 20 GB limit. In Outlook 2010, 2013, and 2016, a maximum limit has been set to 50 GB.
Quick And Expert Solution to Reduce PST File SizeTo resolve the Outlook data file has reached maximum size error and reduce the large size of PST file, use SysTools Split PST Software which is the best tool to accomplish this task.
Hello, I have a problem in receiving, sending, even deleting items in my Outlook. With deletion action, I received the message that the Outlook data file reached the maximum size of 50 GB already. How can I reduce the size of my PST file, since deleting the old emails and attachments also does not work? Someone, please guide me any solution.
How to Fix Outlook Data File Has Reached The Maximum Size Error?
Whenever the Outlook data file has reached maximum size, a warning message is displayed. But, you can increase the size limit of PST file manually by modifying the registry entries. Follow the mentioned steps to know how to edit a registry setting to increase PST file size.
- Go to Start button >> Run
- Here, type regedit in the Open box and press OK
- Expand My Computer option after expand HKEY_CURRENT_USER
- Next, expand Software >> Policies
- Expand Microsoft >> Office
- Now, expand:
11.0 for Microsoft Outlook 2003
12.0 for Outlook 2007
13.0 for Outlook 2010
14.0 for Outlook 2013
15.0 for Outlook 2016
- Then, go to MS Outlook, click on PST file and right-click on MaxLargeFileSize
- Afterwards, Click on the Modify button and enter value in the Value data box
- Finally, click OK button.
This is the way how can you fix the Outlook data file has reached the maximum size office 2016, 2019, etc. issue. It helps you to increase the size limit of PST file.
How to Reduce PST File Size By Manually?
There are two manual methods to reduce Outlook mailbox size and avoid the Outlook reached maximum size issue.
Method 1. Delete Unwanted Data Items
In order to reduce the size of PST file, delete unwanted data items that are not so important. So, follow the steps given below:
- Open the PST file and select the items that are not that important for future use
- Next, Delete all the items
- Empty the Deleted Items Folder and permanently erase them.
Method 2. Archive Outlook Data File
You can also archive Outlook PST data items and delete the original PST file to troubleshoot the outlook data file has reached the maximum size office 365 error. Follow the mentioned step to perform this task:
- First of all, Launch MS Outlook and go to File
- Then, Click on the Clean up Tools >> Archive
- Afterwards, Choose the date which you want to archive and click OK
- Finally, all your selected data to archive PST file (separate archive folder)
Limitations of Manual Methods to Reduce Outlook Mailbox Size
Both methods of Manual are completely free, but there are some limitations like-
- Chances of data loss
- Time-consuming process
- Required technical skills
- Does not reduce the large size of PST file according to your needs
Expert Solution to Fix Outlook Data File Has Reached The Maximum Size Issue
Actually, PST Outlook reached maximum size error message will appear in Outlook when the data file reaches its maximum size limit. So, the best way to reduce PST file size is splitting large size PST file into multiple smaller parts. Certainly, to do this, split PST file software is the best and tested software by the experts.
In fact, it will allow you to break up large PST file into multiple smaller PST files by size, date, year and folder. The software is compatible with all Outlook versions and can also be installed on all Windows OS editions. Besides, it comes with a simple graphical user interface. Above all, any technical and non-technical users can easily implement this to separate PST file into smaller parts.
The Concluding Words
Encountering Outlook PST file reached maximum size error message is quite frustrating for users. So, to fix this problem, we have discussed the manual tricks on how to increase PST file size by editing the registry setting. In fact, we have explored the manual and automated solution to reduce the size of PST file.
As, the manual solution has some limitations so, to overcome all the errors and limitations, it is recommended to go with the expert solution. Moreover, this automated solution helps to reduce Outlook mailbox size and fix the outlook data file has reached the maximum size office 2016, 2013, 2010 issue. You can easily test both solutions and then choose whichever is perfect to meet your needs.
Frequently Asked Questions By Users
You can check the size of Outlook mailbox by following the steps.
1. In the Mail view, click on your account
2. Click Folder > Folder Properties
3. Click on Folder Size
4. Now, you will see the size of your mailbox.
View the size of Outlook Mailbox in Outlook 2010, 2013 and 2016.
1. Click on the File tab, go to the Mailbox cleanup section
2. In the Mailbox cleanup window, click View Mailbox Size.
3. When the Folder Size window will appear, you can view mailbox size limit.
In order to split Outlook archive PST files into one, you can use PST Splitter tool. This software helps you to separate multiple Outlook archive Outlook data files into a single PST file with all data items.
Follow the below steps to archive items easily:
1. In Outlook 2013, Click File tab >> Info >> Cleanup Tools >> Archive
2. In Outlook 2016, Go the File >> Info >> Tools >> Clean Up Old Items
3. Click Archive this folder and all subfolders option and choose the folder which you want to archive
4. Choose a date under Archive items older than option
5. Check the Include items with “Do not AutoArchive” checked box
6. Click OK.