Outlook Data File Too Large to Open – Fix the Error and Crop Large File
Do you want to fix the error “Outlook Data file too large to open”? Corrupted PST file due to oversize? If so, all errors are resolved here. In this blog, we will let you know the best trick to deal with too large PST file. Here, we will explain the entire process of how to split large PST file into multiple smaller files that are easy to open.
MS Outlook is the most used email client worldwide and stores all data information in PST file format. PST files have some size restrictions in the earlier version of Outlook. In Outlook 2000 and 2002, the maximum size limit was 2 GB. In Outlook 2003 and 2007, the limit is 20 GB and In Outlook 2010, 2013, and 2016, the limit is 50 GB+. As a result, Outlook performance drops in most cases, and users face Outlook data files too large to open issues.
User Query – How to Reduce Outlook PST File Size?
I have an 80 GB of PST file in Outlook 2016 and can not open my PST files because of oversize. I don’t know if my PST file is corrupted or not. It’s a very frustrating situation for me, can someone know how can I deal with this problem? Please suggest me a solution to split large-sized Outlook PST files into multiple smaller parts. Thanks.
Multiple Techniques to Fix Outlook Data File Too Large to Open
Outlook does not provide an inbuilt utility for cropping large PST files into smaller files. However, there are some indirect methods that help you to manage too large PST files by splitting them into several smaller files. Here are some possible manual methods to fix the problem with oversized Outlook data files.
Method 1. Move PST Files Using Import and Export Option
- Open Outlook >> File >> Account Setting >> Account Setting
- Select the Data Files tab and click on Add button
- “Create or Open Outlook Data File” window will appear, name the file and select the location. Click OK button
- Now, click on File >> Open >> Import
- From the Import/Export wizard, choose the Export option and click on the Next button
- Select the PST file and click Next
- Choose the desired folder and its items to export. Check the Include Sub Folder option
- Click on the Browse button and select the location to store the new file
- Hit the Finish button.
Method 2. Fix Outlook Data File Too Large to Open Using Move To Folder
- Open MS Outlook >> File >> New >> Outlook Data File
- A new window will appear, here select the PST file and click OK
- Give the required name for a new PST file in Create Microsoft Personal Folders window
- Choose one or more folders to move in this new PST file
- Click on Edit and select the Move to Folder option
- Move Items window will appear, here, click on the New button
- Type a name for this folder in Create New Folder window
- In the “Select where to place the folder” option, click on the new PST file and click OK
- Click OK to end the process.
Method 3. Split Too Large PST File Using Archive Feature
- Open Microsoft Outlook >> File >> Archive
- From Archive Window, select the “Archive this folder and subfolders” option
- From the drop-down list, select the date for Archive items older than
- In the end, click on the Browse button and select the desired location to save the archive .pst file. After clicking the OK button.
These three methods are not an appropriate way to overcome Outlook data files that are too big to open. It is a very long process and requires technical expertise to carry out the task.
Direct Solution to Fix Outlook Data File Too Large to Open Issue
To overcome all limitations and simplify this task, we recommend using the Split PST Tool, which is the best and most trusted solution. The application offers 4 options for splitting Outlook PST files like size, date, year, and folder. It has no limitations on file size, you can easily break large PST files according to your required size in MB / GB. The software supports ANSI and UNICODE PST files to separate oversized files.
Steps to Divide Outlook PST Files into Multiple Smaller Files
Step 1. Download, install and run the software on your computer
Step 2. Add pst file, then click on Next button.
Step 3. Select Split by Size option
Step 4. The tool display all split information.
Splitting large-sized Outlook PST files is the best way to overcome data corruption. Here, we discussed the manual and the professional solution that helps you to resolve Outlook data file too large to open error. The manual solution has some limitations that’s why we highly recommend going with professional software. You Free Download the tool and test its efficiency.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can try the Outlook Mailbox Cleanup tool which helps to delete unwanted data from Outlook data files. If it does not work, then you can use SysTools PST Splitter Tool. This software will help you to reduce the size of the Outlook mailbox.
This error message is displayed due to an oversized PST file. You can recover this error to decrease the size of large PST files. To do so, split large size PST files into smaller parts using the Split Outlook PST tool.
The best to manage large Outlook PST files is to split them into multiple smaller PST files. To do you can use the manual as well as third-party tools. As there are many tools available in the market which are also helpful for splitting Outlook data.
Deleting large emails is the best way to reduce the size of the PST files. Follow the steps to deleted emails:
1. Launch Outlook, click the Search folder from the folder list and then select New Search Folder.
2. Under Organizing Mail, select Large mail and click on the Choose from the Customize Search Folder.
3. In the “Show mail greater than” box, specify the size and click OK.