How to Restore / Recover Deleted Mailbox in Exchange 2013 Environment
In this blog, we try to find the solution to recover / restore deleted mailbox in Exchange 2010, 2013, 2016 after the retention period. Use the advanced utility which can easily retrieve mailbox items in Exchange Server account.
Various scenarios occur when a naive Exchange user delete crucial information from the mailboxes accidentally and needs to recover or restore back the soft or hard items again in the mailbox again. Items can be either softly deleted or Permanently, to recover back items, needs to check the Retention policy first.
In Exchange 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, by default, the deleted mailbox items exist in the deleted items folder of the database only for 14 days. After that, it moves in the recoverable items folder, where it has existed for 30 days.
Download the automated software i.e. Exchange EDB Recovery Software provided by SysTools that recover deleted mailbox after retention period by using the steps mentioned here. After recovery, export the recovered & healthy Exchange EDB mailboxes directly to Live Exchange Server, Office 365, and different file formats.
How to Change Retention Policy of Mailbox Exchange 2013 / 2010 Environments
While creating the new user or already created mailbox by the administrator, the retention policy can be changed that help user to recover deleted mailbox in Exchange 2013, 2010 versions.
- Open Recipients >> Mailboxes section.
- Now select the Desired Mailbox from the List.
- Selecting Mailbox, Click on Mailbox features.
- Open Retention Policy and select the days you want for deleted items that can be recovered back in Exchange mailbox. The Date Range for this property is from 0 through 24,855 days.
You can use Powershell Command such as:
Set-Mailbox -Identity - "James Smith" -RetainDeletedItemsFor 30 James Smith = Mailbox Name No of Days = 30
If you are having Exchange EDB file backup, then restore Exchange 2010 mailbox from backup. Go through the given blog for more information.
How to Recover Deleted Items in Exchange 2013 Environment
Different Technique is available to restore back the mailbox items using the following way:
Recover Mailbox Items using OWA (Outlook Web Access)
- Access OWA (Outlook Web Access or Outlook Web Application) to open Outlook User account configured with Exchange Server.
- Go to Open Deleted Items Folder (or Trash) Section and select the email from the folder.
- Then, You need to drag the Email files to its original folder location to restore back into the mailbox.
Recover Deleted Mailbox Items via Exchange Management Shell
Powershell Command also plays an import role to restore back items from the mailbox stored in EDB File. “Search Mailbox” Cmdlet can Search & Recover specific mailbox item from the Exchange 2013, 2016 environment. Mailbox items such as emails, or calendars, contacts can be recovered using Powershell syntax:
Method to Restore Deleted Mailbox Exchange 2013 via SysTools
Hence, you have a chance to easily recover deleted mailbox in Exchange 2013, 2016 and below versions like Exchange Server 2003, 2007, 2010, etc. For this, you can create a user object and then connect with the user account to the disconnected mailbox of Exchange, within the specified time duration.
So, in this blog, we discuss the method to restore deleted disconnected mailbox in Exchange Server and their items. For more information on a direct method, go through the below section.
Automated Wizard to Recover Deleted Mailbox from Exchange 2013 / 2016
You can easily recover deleted Exchange mailbox items by using the “Exchange EDB Recovery software“. It provides so many advanced features that make this tool capable to repair EDB file and recover deleted mailbox data & save into Live Exchange Server. It can restore all the deleted data items like emails, contacts, calendars, tasks, journals, and notes from Exchange Server 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, etc.
Apart from this, there are also several options like date and time-based filter for recovery of selected data items, file naming conventions to save resultant data according to your choice, etc. included with this application. You can use the category filter option to migrate Microsoft Exchange emails and other Exchange database mailbox items to PST, HTML, MBOX, PDF, MSG, EML file formats.
Users can remove encryption from Exchange Mailbox (SMIME/OpenPGP). This utility support pub1.edb and priv1.edb file and user can easily migrate public folders to Office 365 and various other export options.
It will also keep the folder hierarchy and structure, even after the recovery of deleted Exchange mailbox items. Moreover, it is compatible to recover deleted data from all versions of Exchange including 2013.
Step by Step Procedure to Restore Deleted Mailbox Items in Exchange 2016 / 2013 / 2010
Retrieve and recover deleted mailbox in Exchange 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007. And then restore mailbox data items such as User Mails, Contact File, Calendar details of EDB File in select Exchange Environment supported via automated solution. Download the utility from the below button.
- First of all, launch and open the Automated solution.
- Now click on Add File and load the Dismounted EDB File within the software to recover back deleted items in Mailbox
- If Exchange user doesn’t know the location of EDB File then the user can try additional feature to search Exchange file within the different drive. Either Exchange user can select the single drive or User search file in all drive.
- To Restore Deleted Items from Exchange Mailbox items, automated solution equipped with 2 Scanning Modes such as Quick and Advance Mode. Select Advance scanning mode to fix major corruption in EDB File and recover back deleted items and mailboxes.
- Now examine the recovered items into Preview Pane of software. Utility defines each section of mailbox different that helps a user to view each section preciously with all meta-details like sender & receiving details, time periods, etc. > Click Export
- Now Move the recovered back deleted items into the Desired mailbox of Exchange Environment, as utility supports latest Exchange 2019, 2016, 2013 and below environment. For that you to provide Exchange Credentials to access it.
- Now preview the recovered soft-deleted mailbox items into an Exchange 2010 / 2013 / 2016 Environment after completion of the conversion process.
Mailbox items and other items can be accidentally deleted by the Exchange user or corruption in Exchange Mailbox lead to deletion or loss of data. To Recover/Restore Deleted Mailbox In Exchange 2013, an administrator can prevent deletion of mailbox items by changing retention policy while creating user mailbox. But for Hard deletion of mailbox items, Exchange Admin can Granular Exchange Recovery Tool provided by SysTools to restore the mistakenly deleted items from Exchange Server. Hence, the step by step recovery process is described in this post. It is useful for those users who do not have more knowledge of the technology.