G Suite Backup Software Guide
Know How to Execute Backup Process in PST using SysTools Backup & Restore Tool
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6 or above
- Create Google Console Project, Enable API & Add Scopes. Read more...
Following are the Steps to Perform G Suite Backup
If your tool is not activated, then see the activation steps here. Activation Steps
The Tool provides the FAQ section in the "Activate" window itself. You can also click on "Help" button to view more details.
Once activated, you will get this screen in the "Setup" tab to select Source & Destination for backup.
You can also apply the number of users for concurrent backup. To do this, go to "Settings" tab.
Select “G Suite” as a source platform and “Outlook” as destination platform.
The tool does not require Outlook installation on your system. The destination simply signifies that the backup format is set to "PST".
In the same screen, select the categories that you want to backup from G Suite under the Workload selection.
Using the Date-Range Filter option you can perform the date based selective backup of the mailbox data. Click on Next.
The emails, contacts and calendars are stored in the PST file, while the documents (docs, slides, sheets, drawings) are downloaded to your local computer.
Move to the Source Screen now.
Provide the Admin Email and Service Account details carefully.
After this, upload the Certificate File that is the p12 file into the software panel and click on "Validate" to provide permissions to the user.
Refer to this to create project for G Suite. Source Google Cloud Console Project
After validating, the permissions will be granted to the source user. Click on Next.
Now, browse the backup folder path to set the destination where PST file will be saved.
Make sure that the folder path is within 20 characters.
Validate the correct permissions and click "Next".
On the Users screen, there are several ways in which you can add users from the source account that needs to be processed.
- Fetch Users: It will automatically fetch Users from Source domain.
- Import Users: This will import users through CSV.
- Download Template: This downloads a template to be used as a sample for creating CSV file.
The list of users is now, displayed on the screen.
Click on Validate to authorize selected user source account(s).
Once the users are validated, click on "OK" button.
After the validation is successfully completed, click on Start Backup button from the ribbon bar to start the backup process.
The software will check your license and provide details. Click "Start" to finally start the backup.
You can view the Backup Status in the below format.
The successful backup status will then be displayed on the software panel.
After successful backup, click on Download Report
- Summary Report - The summary report downloads a single report displaying all the user accounts alongwith backup details of emails, contacts, calendars and documents.
- Detailed Report - The detailed report downloads individual reports of all/selected G Suite user accounts with their backup details.
Re-Run Backup option is also provided in order to perform the backup again.
- Retry Failed Items: To backup the data which didn't get downloaded.
- Re-Run Full Backup: To perform the entire backup process again.
- Delta Backup: To backup the newly arrived data without duplication.