How to Export Rackspace Email to PST Effectively? – Solved
This article discusses the top solutions to export Rackspace email to PST file format. Today, we share a manual approach as well as an expert-recommended solution to accomplish the task. Along with that, we will also share the top reasons to export your Rackspace emails to the Personal Storage Table format. So, without further ado, let’s dive right into the blog and see which method is the better fit for you.
“Hi there. My question may seem odd, but there’s something that my boss asked, and I need to get it done ASAP. We have approximately 350 Rackspace accounts, and our management would like to create a backup of the emails in PST format locally for some reason. Yes, you guessed it right. I need a solution to export Rackspace email to PST in bulk. I have been searching for a convenient solution for weeks but haven’t found any. I would really appreciate it if anyone could suggest an easy way out. Thanks in advance.”
It’s not just the above user; there are many out there who are confused and want to know a proper solution. That’s why we’ve come up with this technical guide, which will give users a roadmap for downloading their emails locally.
But aren’t you curious to know why the management would have asked the above user to take a backup of their Rackspace Hosted Exchange OST to PST format? If you’re, then yes, there are certain reasons why it becomes necessary to take a backup of important files and folders. Let’s find out what are those.
Why export Rackspace emails?
Email is a vital part of any organization to make business operations smooth and steady. As you know, Rackspace Technology provides professional webmail hosting services for businesses and stores emails in the cloud. As a result, it becomes a significant source of risk as well.
That’s why experts suggest saving offline copies of your sensitive emails somewhere safe.
From a security point of view, it’s important to have an offline copy of your cruial; however, there are various other reasons why users want to download their emails.
- Regulatory and compliance needs, audits, and lawsuits are inseparable facts of life. To meet these needs, having a copy of your organization’s emails locally would come in handy.
- With the introduction of the latest technology, Office 365, users prefer to move Rackspace to Office 365 to experience various advanced features. So, if you have your Rackspace emails in PST format, then it’ll be easy to import them to the new platform.
- Rackspace offers 25 GB of storage space for its users. And, once it exceeds the limit, users will not be able to send or receive any emails. So, to make room for new emails, sometimes users export their old emails and save them to a computer.
Now, let’s move forward and discuss various methods to export Rackspace email to PST.
Export Rackspace to PST: Quick Steps
- Step 1: Install the IMAP Backup Tool on your device.
- Step 2: Choose the “host name” and enter valid credentials.
- Step 3: Apply the necessary advanced filters.
- Step 4: Press the “Start Migration” button.
Manual Approach To Downloading Rackspace Emails
This method is offered by Rackspace itself. And it is applicable if you have fewer emails to export. Below are the steps you need to follow, but before that, you should make sure that you have archive portal access.
- Sign in to the Archive Manager.
- On the left-hand side of the dashboard, click on Searches.
- Then, locate the search name that you have searched to export and click Run.
- Tick the checkbox for the emails to be exported, and then click the Export icon.
- After that, a window will pop up. Click on Next to confirm the number of emails you want to export.
- Next, select the file format as PST.
- Provide an export name. Then, mark the box to receive an email notification when the export is ready.
- Next, click on Request Export.
- Click on the Exports tab to start the download process.
- Finally, find the search that you exported and click on Download.
After following the above steps, your data will be exported in.pst format.
However, this approach has certain restrictions.
Limitations Of The Manual Approach
First of all, it is available to users with admin, compliance, or search administrator permissions.
Secondly, you can export search results with a maximum of 20GB or 30K results.
Further, to export Rackspace email to PST, you have to pay $9 per GB of PST. So, to conclude in one sentence, if you have more data, then it’s going to be a longer and more expensive export.
Anyway, why get into all the trouble when you can take the help of the software and smoothly back up your emails?
So, let’s discuss the software in detail.
Export Rackspace Email to PST Using Expert Solution
This method is completely automated since it uses a tool for the backup process. And, with a one-time investment, you can export unlimited emails. That means there is no restriction on size, and you can download your emails in bulk.
Further, you get multiple advanced filter options to make the backup process more customized. For instance, you can apply the Date Filter option to download only selective emails. Secondly, with the incremental backup option, you can skip the already downloaded emails and save only the newly arrived ones in PST format. So, when you decide to change Rackspace email to Outlook, you can easily do that with the.pst file handy.
Moreover, with the Delete after download option, you can create more space in your account. So, you can say that this is a solution that is fit for all kinds of backup needs.
So, without further ado, let’s get familiar with the software steps.
Note: This tool supports macOS and the users operating the latest macOS can also follow the below steps.
Step-by-Step Procedure To Export Rackspace Email To PST
Before going through the steps, make sure you have downloaded the tool.
1. Run the software on your Mac device.
2. Choose the IMAP host name, Rackspace.
3. Provide accurate user credentials, and after that, the software fills the IMAP server and Port No. automatically.
4. On the next screen, click on the PST radio button to select the export type. Further, apply advanced settings and click on Change to finalize the destination path.
5. Finally, click on Start Backup to begin the process.
That’s it! After a few clicks, you will find your Rackspace emails at the desired destination in PST file format.
Also read: How to export IMAP to PST file blog.
If you have queries related to the software, you can refer to the FAQ section.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Can I use this backup software for free?
Yes, the software comes with a demo version, which is free. But, with the trial version, you can download only 100 emails. Hence, to back up unlimited emails, you can opt for the full version of the software.
Q2. Does it maintain the folder hierarchy?
Yes, the software preserves the original structure of the mailbox after downloading the emails.
Q3. Does the tool support macOS with an M1 chip?
Yes, the tool supports all the versions from 10.8 to 12.5, including macOS with an M1 chip.
So There You Have It
For various reasons, users want to keep a copy of their Rackspace emails offline. However, unfortunately, they are not aware of an effective method to help them. Hence, this technical write-up explains two different methods to export Rackspace email to PST for your reference. However, it’s suggested to choose the above-mentioned professional solution to avoid the challenges present in the manual solution.