Microsoft Outlook is an email client which is used by most of the enterprises. It provides the users to manage the settings which can be customized along with the feature of flexibility and is easy to use by the new user. The users have to configure the settings in the Outlook for the first time use. Users can connect to an outside POP3 or IMAP email host for sending and receiving email.
Issues Faced in Accessing Outlook Account
There are situations when the user can't login the account which is configured in the MS Outlook. It can be due to many reasons which include.
- Server issue – Outlook email account is configured to a respective Server which handle the authentication request of the user by allowing the access through the protocols set in the Outlook.
- Forgot password – Sometimes the users forgot the account password which as a result needs to be recovered.
- Registry error – Outlook account password is stored in the windows registry editor in the encrypted form which can't be accessed by the normal user for security purposes. Sometimes due to any corruption or error in the registry editor, the user can't access the outlook email client account as the password can't be decrypted normally.
Recover Outlook Email Account Password
There are few tricks & free solution to recover the password of the Outlook profile. Outlook email profile password can be recovered by using a decryption tool which uses cryptography to decrypt the password that is stored in the windows registry editor and can recover it. Different versions of MS Outlook stores the password in different file path which needs to be known in order to recover the password.
Password Storage Location in Different Windows Version
For Windows XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Microsoft\Credentials\<user sid>\
C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft
For windows vista/7/8:
Recover the password from different versions of Outlook
For Outlook Express, 98 & 2000 Version password recovery:
Older Version of Outlook versions file path can be tracked from the below file path
[For Outlook installed in Internet Mail Only Mode Configuration]
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\OMI Account Manager\Accounts
[For Outlook in normal mode]
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Account Manager\Accounts
For Outlook 2002-2010 password recovery:
The location for the storage of password can be tracked by the following file path
[Windows NT onwards]
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles
[Prior to Windows NT]
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles
For Outlook 2013 password recovery:
Free Outlook Email Account Password Recovery Tool
“Outlook Password Recovery ToolBox” is a free utility which can decrypt the Outlook account password easily for all the versions of the Outlook from 2003 to 2010. However, it doesn’t work with Outlook 2013 or higher versions.
The utility is easy to install and the working of it is very simple. The user just need to run the .exe file and the below window opens showing the columns of various fields. If the user Outlook is not configured then these columns shows blank.
- On launch, it will display current Outlook version.
- Now click on 'Start Recovery' button and it will instantly decrypt all types of stored passwords by Outlook.
- It will display clear text password along with other details such as Email address, User name, Account type & Server name.
Outlook of most of the users are already configured by some account id, so the below window screen will shows all the columns viz. email ids, username, password, account type & Server information. By noting the password columns, user can easily recover his/her forgotten Outlook email id password.
This free utility can recover password from almost every type of account; IMAP, POP3, SMTP, LDAP, HTTP, and Exchange Server.
As the Outlook email account password is stored in the windows Registry Editor, hence no manual tricks help in recovering the password which is stored in the encrypted form.
So, the free Outlook email id password recovery tool is helpful to get back the Outlook Password, which can decrypt the password easily.