Learn Top Techniques to Merge Two IMAP or POP3 Email Accounts in Outlook
Many of us have at least two e-mail accounts, one for business and one for personal use. However, sometimes it is difficult to manage multiple accounts and check the new emails separately in different email accounts. Similarly, users in Outlook create multiple accounts that are difficult to handle. In this blog, we will reveal the top techniques to merge multiple email accounts in Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, configured with either IMAP or POP3.
– In order to manage multiple Outlook data files, simply merge them into one using SysTools PST Merge tool
. This is an advanced solution to merge and remove duplicates Outlook items.
Download Now Buy Now
For instance, if users need to view the emails from all configured email accounts like Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo, etc., they can set a single folder to receive emails of each account. The Outlook application provides Rules feature to set up a single folder to receive emails from multiple email accounts. It lets to set up one generic Inbox folder to receive all emails in one folder. So that, one does not need to check every email account for new email messages manually as all emails will become accumulated in a single folder. In this write-up, we will discuss some simple techniques to resolve a common user query i.e., how to merge two email accounts in Outlook.
Scenario 1: Merge Multiple Email Accounts in Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 (IMAP)
“Hi, currently I am running my business email messages through Gmail that is logged into my MS Outlook account. All my contacts and folders are attached to the Gmail account. Now, I am wondering if there is a technique to combine two IMAP email accounts in Outlook.”
Solution: Below is the guidelines to combine two IMAP accounts in MS Outlook:
- Open Outlook on your system and go to the left sidebar, choose an account and hit a right-click on it
- Click on New Folder. In Create New Folder wizard, type an appropriate name and click OK
- Navigate to Home menu and from the Rule drag-down menu, choose Manage Rules and Alerts option
- In Rules and alerts window, select an account and click on New Rule
- Now, in the Rules wizard, go to the heading and Start from a blank rule. Hit a click on the Apply rule on messages I receive and click Next
- Enable the checkbox corresponding to through the specified account
- In the bottom of the wizard, select Specified and it will display an Account dialog box. Here, choose the required account and click OK. The account name will be shown at the bottom of the wizard. Hit Next button
- Choose the option to move it to the specified folder and click on Specified and rules and alerts wizard will prompt
- Select the inbox folder that is recently created for merging two IMAP email accounts in Outlook to combine two email accounts in Outlook
- The folder name will be displayed on the bottom of the screen. Hit Finish button to exit
- This will return you to Rules and alert wizard. It will display the recently created rules. Hit the OK button to apply the rule
- To merge this folder with other accounts, repeat the complete procedure to get all email messages from multiple accounts to a Generic inbox folder
Additional Note: – Having IMAP account for Outlook and you want to use the data in POP3 account. Use this utility to convert IMAP Outlook OST data files to POP3 Outlook PST File.
Scenario 2: Merge Multiple Outlook Email Accounts in 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 (POP3)
“In the previous versions of MS Outlook, all emails of my multiple POP3 accounts become delivered to the same Personal Folder (PST file). However, in Outlook 2016, they all are going into the separate Personal Folders hence, it becomes difficult to track my new emails. How can I get all my POP3 accounts emails delivered to one Personal Folder again? Or, if it is possible while using POP3?”
Solution: To get the email messages from multiple Outlook accounts at the same place, it is better to grant the same delivery location for all Outlook accounts. Follow below steps to change the delivery location and merge multiple email accounts in Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007:
- Open MS Outlook and open Account Settings wizard
- Click on the File menu and select Account Settings >> Email
- Choose POP3 accounts for which you want to change the delivery location
- Hit a click on Change Folder button to merge 2 email accounts in Outlook
- Select the folder as destination folder where you want to save the messages
- The folder can be an already existing folder such as the inbox or any separate folder
- Users also can create another folder like Inbox- Account1, Account2, or Account 3 etc.
- One can also change the location where new mailbox will be delivered in the case of POP3 and Exchange account in Microsoft Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007
Professional Approach to Merge Two or Multiple Email Accounts into One in Outlook
Manually merge two email accounts in Outlook is quite lengthy and tiresome procedure. Also, a single misstep in the manual process can result permanent data loss. Thus, we recommend users one of the safest and secure technique to merge multiple PST files in Outlook i.e., PST Merge software. With the help of this tool, one can join and merge multiple email accounts in Outlook even without losing a single bit of data. It can merge Outlook inbox items such as emails, contacts, calendars, tasks etc. This software allows you to combine Outlook archive PST files without any size limitations.
Steps to combine inboxes of multiple Outlook accounts are as follows;
Step 1. Run the wizard and select the PST files.
Step 2. Choose the Merge option.
Step 3. Select option, merge in an existing PST, new PST or Outlook Profile.
Step 4. Select mailbox items and hit the Next button.
Considering one of the most asked user queries i.e., how to merge multiple email accounts in Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, we have come up with this article. Here, we compiled all the possible manual as well as automatic techniques to execute the task safely. All users have to do is follow the guidelines sequentially to avoid any kind of data loss. Users can opt any solution as per current demands and preferences.
Merge Two Email Accounts in Outlook – FAQs
How to combine two inboxes in Outlook?
Try the SysTools Outlook PST Merge tool to easily merge two inboxes in Outlook. It helps you to make a single inbox.pst folder.
How can I merge Outlook PST files of multiple account?
Using the suggested software, you can combine two or multiple files for the same account. You can add PST files or folder on this tool and it automatically create a single file.
Can I combine archive files from multiple accounts?
Yes, with the help of the mentioned automated solution, you can merge archive .pst files of multiple Outlook accounts.
How to get all emails in one inbox Outlook 2016?
You can merge your multiple inbox folders into a single one to access all email in one inbox.